Sunday, October 12, 2008

Friends are the best

Throughout this adoption process I have made so many wonderful friends.. friends who have been there for me while I sat & waitied for Rachel to finally come home. I truely coud not have done this without them, they were there for me when I was at my wits ends & absoutely DONE with this whole crappy process, they completly understood what I was going through. Makingthese friends has been a blessing, there are so many wonderful women that I have met & had it not been for Rachel & the adoption process we would have never crossed paths...

Yesterday, me Rachel & my mom went to go see Annette, Tim, Chloe, Marla & Lorraine (Annette's mom). We had a great afternoon together...Let me back track a bit.. Annette & I were in the same boat, we were stuck in PGN together & we both got caught up in the Central Authority BS... We talked several times a day, we had become.. what sholud I say? hmmm disgruntled postal employees... We were just so sick & tired of being stuck in PGN, we referred to ourselves as QB & QB2 the queen bithces.. without her I would have been in trouble.. the day beforeI got out I had a MAJOR MELTDOWN & she was there for me.. I will be forever grateful for that..

I remember the night I found out that Rachel's file was at the PGN window to be picked up (at this point I didnt know if I was OUT or KO'd) I called her house & Tim answered.. I heard annette in the background saying.. Is she happy or sad? After the nigjht before she probalby didnt want to talk to me if I was upset..

Back to our visit... Lets just say, I cant wait to get together again.. we had such a great afternoon of relaxing, eating & catching up. The girls played & they were way too cute. I was lucky enough to hear Chloe play the piano, she plays beautifully, thank you so much, we really enjoyed hearing you play. We sat around & talked all afternoon. Tim was making Rachel laugh & laugh.. Marla was sleeping at the time, we knew that wasnt happening for Rachel.. it was a perfect visit.. here are some pics of our day.. go ahead Annette you can steal them...

The five of us in Guatemala

The four of us now, Chloe went to her friends house

Friends are the best

Rachel Annette & Tim... Marla was napping.. what a novel idea

Chloe loving her lil sis

Annette & her mom

girls who are DONE with the camera

Chloe & Rachel

me & sweet cheeks Marla


the girls having a great time together


5 minutes into our car ride home











3 comments:

possiblereturnblogger said...

alex - what a great post!! (and not just because I'm in it...LOL!) You captured my feelings and the day so well I may steal the whole post, instead of just the pics!
I am so glad you came to see us...it was a fabulous afternoon!!! Can't wait to do it again (and again, and again).
Love and hugs, Annette
xoxoxo

Kristi said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!. The girls are just both so sweet together. I can not wait until Elli gets to play with the both of them. Soon, very soon!

Kristi

redhawks said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Hopefully we can get Rachel & Ava together one of these days.

Jen :)