Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy First Gotcha Day!!!!

Today is Rachel’s 1st Gotcha day.. what else could I say but OMG!!!! Where has the time gone.. I remember so well getting to the Westin to get ready for her arrival… We got into the room & about 30 minutes later we got the call that my baby girl was downstairs.. I just couldn’t believe that this time she was coming home with us FOREVER!!!! Telma (Rachel’s foster mother) looked so sad , I really felt for her, the baby she’d been caring for for all of these months was now leaving her. When we were in the elevator going back to the room, I just kept thinking WOW.. this is really happening…

To start of Rachel’s celebration, I used a service in Guatemala, not forgot in Guat & am having dinner sent to the foster family. They were a big part of Rachel’s life & I just wanted to show my appreciation.
Our celebration will happen this Saturday, the day we all came home..I am taking Rachel’s grandparents & Godparents to dinner & then having cake at my house afterward. I am really excited about her cake, it has a Guatemala theme… pictures this weekend..


Then



Now










4 comments:

possiblereturnblogger said...

Yippee and Yahoo!!! Happy Gotcha Day Rachel...my favorite super-sweet chunk!!! Hope you day is fabulous and you enjoy getting loved on by everyone!
Kisses and hugs from the Marons...and an extra hug from Lallie!
xoxoxo

Momma said...

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY RACHEL!!!!!
Alex be sure to share some of those Guat theme ideas with me.
Have fun and enjoy!!!!!

Hugs,
Angie & Anjoli

Robyn said...

Happy Gotcha Day!!

Kristi said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Alex, Sam and Sweet Rachel!.. I love those sweet then pictures but I especially love those fun now pictures....LOL..

Hugs
Kristi