Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Its Official...............

Chunk is now legally Rachel Carlisa. We had our court date for her legal name change yesterday. Rachel didnt even have to be there & it took all of 10 minutes. now we have to wait for the final judgement & then I can get moving with changing all of her paperwork to say Rachel.. I am ALMOST done with adoption paperwork..

Rachel's first Easter was good, nice & quiet. her basket consisted of books & puzzles, so if you ask her what the Easter bunny brought her, she says boops (aka books). The night before Easter, I told her that we had to leave carrots out for the Easter bunny, so I gave her the carrot to put on the dish, & in true Rachel fashion.. she popped the carrot in her mouth.. she figured, hey its food, so its for me. I didnt want her to have raw carrots so I had to pry it out of her mouth.

In other news, Rachel has the snotty nose this week, its the first time shes showed any kind of being sick since her birthday, shes not cranky at all but HATES to have her nose wiped. Last week we had an "incident" rach dislocated her elbow.. I was swinging her & then she threw herself back so I grabbed her & so it goes..
I felt so bad for her, she was just laying on my going ooooooouuuuuuuch!!!
the next day we took her to the doctor & she was fine.. poor baby.

I had her evaluated by Early Intervention for speech therapy & they willl be starting in a few weeks, she says a few words & does lots of her animal sounds but shes not talking real well., but her new favorite word is STOP!!!!, especially when shes having her diaper changed.
pics soon



2 comments:

Kristi said...

Congrats on the official name change!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!

Poor baby has had some tough breaks lately... its hard to watch them take tumbles.. Hang in there mom!

Kristi

Joanna said...

Way to go, Chunk! :) So happy for you guys. Sorry Rachel is not feeling great right now. Much love.