Friday, March 27, 2009

One Year Ago Today......

I got the call that we were OUT of PGN... here is my post from last year...

Well heres how the story goes.... major meltdown yesterday.. (annette can attest to that one) today I called PGN like 100 times (so cant wait for the phone bill) & I finally got through to Laura who told me that my file was ready to be picked up, but she couldnt tell me if I was approved or kicked out... so I called carol & left her a message.. I waited & waited what seemed like forever & she told me the GREAT NEWS!!!!! our file was approved by PGN....

1 Year later.... I remember that day like it was yesterday, I was really in a bad place the weeks before we got the wonderful news, there was doom & gloom news coming out of Guatemala regarding adoptions & I couldnt wait to get my baby home. I told Sam that if we were out by the following week, I was going back to visit.. People have asked me what was the best most exciting part of the adoption process, (of course bringing Rachel home) but the process itself.. for me it was the OUT call.I was at work when carol called me back & I remember my heart pounding out of my chest when I answered.. her voice sounded off so right away I just assumed that we were kicked out & not OUT OUT.. I couldnt have been more wrong.. I just remember crying & crying & crying... I hung up with Carol & starting making my calls.. its was the BEST feeling.. & here were are 1 year later, WOW, where has the time gone??







1 comment:

Joanna said...

I remember when you were going through all that, with Annette. I am so glad Rachel is home!! :)