Sunday, December 9, 2007

plain & simple, saying goodbye really sucks!!!!!!

well, saturday arrived, & it was nearing the time we had to give rachel back to her foster mother, I woke up crying & I know sam did too!!! We had breakfast with the foster mother, benjamin (from the lawyers office) & edwin out tour guide for the day, he was our translator. breakfast was sad to say the very least, I told the FM that I was going to smuggle Rachel =in the US, she laughed. how funny is it that her last name is Orozco (which is my maiden name). She then went on to thank us for adopting Rachel & giving her a better life than she would have in Guatemala, of course that made me cry too.. she also said that we are sad now but in the end we will be happy & she will be sad when Rachel comes home. I just had a good feeling about her & know that she will take great care of my munchkin... the foster mother even cried when she saw us so upset, she hugged us & told us that rachel will be just fine. that made me feel a little better.

after we said goodbye we went on a tour of antigua, a part of guatemala city. some parts were beautiful & others were just down right & utterly depressing. It was very sad to see how these people are living & all the starving stray dogs made me ILL!!!
We went to a jade factory & rachel has herself some jade earings, hopefully her ears will be pierced by our next visit. It was an eye opener to see how these people are so destitute & how the Guatemalan Govt is fighting so hard to stop adoptions.. they should all walk a day in these peoples shoes.

here are pics of our last morning together (till february) & of our tour..

1 comment:

Xadie's Journey said...

We went toured the Jade Factory also. Xadie has some Jade earrings too! Now that sounds like a cute picture...the two of our girls together wearing their amazing Jade earrings.