Thursday, December 4, 2008

1 year ago today.....

held my daughter for the first time.. I remember like it was yesterday, we were at the airport at 3am waiting & waiting in line. I couldnt wait to get to Guatemala to see my peanut.. 4 sets of pics & a video were absolutely wonderful but I just wanted to see Rachel in person.. I also met joanna & myla on my first day & kristi elli & sara the next day.. I had talked to these women so many times it was nice to meet them in person. we even got to see sweet Marla... After we checked in we were in the room when the phone rang.. it was Joanna saying that she saw Rachel in the lobby.. of course we all went running to see her.. Imagine my surprise when I saw her but she was with a different foster mother.. I was concerned, but just wanted to hold my baby....
we had a wonderful first visit.. here are some pics...















5 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh it just brings tears to my eye's to think about that time. I was so wonderful to meet our girls but leaving without them was Well you know...

I love seeing The picture of Sam and Rachel again. He was such a push over.. Even Elli had him wrapped around her fingers...LOL..

Kristi

Jaime said...

Great photo's. Seems like a lifetime ago now, doesn't it?

Cheri said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! An experience that you will never forget!!!!

possiblereturnblogger said...

So funny to see pics of Lallie when she was so little! And to think that you met her before I did! What an experience those visit trips were!

Annette
xoxoxo

Joanna said...

I remember that weekend like it was yesterday - meeting you, Sam, and your mom for the first time. It was so surreal! Rachel was so teeny tiny that first time we met her, but it was love at first sight for all of us!