Friday, September 26, 2008

Where did the time go?

I can hardly belive that a whole year has gone by since we received Rachel's referral. I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was on the phone with Debbie another Guat mom to be when I rec'd an email from carol saying that I needed to call her ASAP. Of course I thought it was bad news, b/c there was an Oct. referral deadline looming over everyone's head & at this point we didnt have our I171h approval nor had we had our fingerprints done.

I couldnt have been more wrong, Carol said that she had a referral of a baby girl named Marjorie & that she would send the pictures & medical in a few minutes, she was driving her granddaughter to a school play. In the meantime I ran downstairs to tell sam that we got a referral, I was so crazy excited & he had no idea what was going on, When she called me back a few minutes later I asked her.. Is the baby healthy? & does she had a lot of hair?

Then I waited for the email, & there she was, my daughter the peanut(wow how things change in a year) LOL. I couldnt believe how small she was, I just wondered if she was healthy, thats the only thing that mattered to me.

I called my mom who of course came running back over to see her granddaughter. After I just looked & looked at her pics a thousand times I made a few phone calls to my close friends & family & sent them the pics so they could see my rachel.. I sent the pics to Kristi who had dial up internet, it took about 2 hours for the pics to download.. she even made her kids stay up late than usual to see the pics of Rachel. Needless to say I was on the phone & the computer half the night.

This past year has been truly agonzing at times due to all of the uncertainty regarding the completion of our adoption.. some days seemed to linger on so bad that days felt like weeks. make no mistake adoption is a grueling heart wreching experience but I wouldnt change it for the world. I cant imagine Rachel not in our lives (even as she screaming her head off right now b/c she doesnt want to sleep) LOL.

On the other hand this past year has flown by, I feel like it was yesterday that we were in Guatemala picking Rachel up. Its been 5 months already that shes home & boy time has really flown by.....



Look at me then...

& Look at me now!!






4 comments:

Kristi said...

Happy Referral day!! Thank Goodness I now have high speed..LOL Time does fly so enjoy these days they go so fast...

Krsiti

redhawks said...

Happy Referral Anniversary day! It's been great sharing the journey with you. It seems like yesterday that we were in that hot tub at the Westin w/the girls!

Jen & Ava :)

The M. Herndon Family said...

She was a little peanut! Can you believe it was a year ago?! Have a great weekend.

Xadie's Journey said...

That's a great story. Rachel is so big now. It's crazy to think about how small our girls were.