Monday, April 28, 2008

Chunk has a new name.....

DRAMA QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even the doctor called her that the other day..My princess has a mean temper...she's fine till its time for bed, then the crazy girl arrives...the screams are uncontrollable for hours.. shes never once slept in a crib, I know the FF loved her deeply but IMHO babies need to sleep in a crib...

its been a crazy weekend... we got home friday nite- early sat morning & poor rachel was sooooo sick... she did wonderful on both flights, she didnt cry once.. by the time we got to the luggage carosel she began to cry uncontrollably & it didnt stop for 4 hours.. sam & my uncle were out at the store at 2am buying suposotories, by 330am me & my mom we out the door to the hospital when she calmed down...she finaaly went to bed at 5am & was up at 7, with only a 30min nap all day on sat...

We had lots of company all weekend, everyone wanted to meet rachel, & i'm not feeling so well... feel much better than yesterday.. i thought i was getting the flu.. guess the not eating, traveling finally caught up with me...

We walked in to the house on friday to a big welcome home sign for my mom & a dozen pink roses with baloons from kristi & her family... they were beautiful...

more pics later

alex

6 comments:

redhawks said...

Welcome home!! I hope you guys are feeling better soon. I've got a drama queen here too!! She wants to be entertained ALL the time. Glad she was so good on the flights...what a relief, right??

Talk soon,
Jen

Laurie said...

I am so glad you guys are home. Just take it one day at a time and things will fall into place. I agree with you that babies need to sleep in their crib, but I have come to the conclusion adopted babies go by a little different set of rules. Don't stress yourself out, just go with what works.

I loved seeing your Embassy Day picture! Rachel looking up at her daddy is priceless!

Kristi said...

Hope everyone falls into a routine soon. Yes I believe Babies should sleep in a crib,BUT for the sake of the mother, babies should sleep wherever they will sleep, so you can sleep!!! Makes for a much better day when you have had sleep..LOL I just want to know who is really keeping you up, Rachel crying or Sam's ZZZZZZZZ LOL

Love and Hugs
Kristi

Torismom said...

So glad you are home safe and sound. I hope you feel better soon, I was sick when we got home too, I think it is all the traveling and excitement. LEt me know if you figure out the crib thing, I still can't get Myah in hers.

Xadie's Journey said...

Alex, So glad you are finally home safe and sound. It took Xadie some time to get used to all the new things going on in her life. Things will be much better once Rachel is feeling good again. Uh, and OMG, she is home in your arms for FOREVER!!!!!!! So happy for you three!

Robyn said...

Congratulations and welcome home!! My daughter has never been a great sleeper, so I know all about sleep problems. Hope Rachel starts sleeping better soon!!

Robyn